Monday, April 13, 2009

Daycare and Rainy Days

Today is a rainy day and feelings seem to match. Seem to match because I can feel the growth these feelings nourish, and still the greyness is tiring. A ray of sunshine in the day is the new daycare place we found that focuses exclusively on licensed daycare for the elderly. It isn't connected to an assisted living facility or a larger agendas. Everyday at this place is fully and only about the people who are there that day and the connection to their families and to the staff. I am hopeful. And moved.

"The Sound of Music" is playing in the living room and the von Trapp family is singing just before their escape. The sweetness of the music juxtaposed against the harsh circumstances the family faced are vivid in my real world today. And I am blessed moreover because the movie is a much needed diversion for the folks while Star and I make progress on household decisions and tasks. Like this blog, even.

Tonight we will have Easter dinner as leftovers and the promise of cheesy potatoes, ham and dinner rolls is like a reward for a day filled with grocery shopping, reviewing daycare facilities and laundry. Yummo! Perhaps I'll even paint my toenails a spring-like color.

No comments:

Post a Comment